What I love about this crust is the fact that it does not hurt my tommy. I am intolerant to wheat in general. So when I need to make a crust I use ancient grains such as spelt or kamut – or also gluten free flours. Let’s focus today on spelt crust as in this Carrot Pie. (The French version will come soon.)
- Mixing bowl
- Your hands
- Measuring jar
- Measuring cups & spoons
- 1, 5 cup / 150g spelt flour
- 1/3 oat flakes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup of water or more
- Mix all dried ingredients. Then add oil. Sand the dough. Then add water. Knead the dough until you can shape a nice and non sticky round ball. As you do this, breath deeply. This is a great time for meditation. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Over the counter, place a large piece of parchment paper that you can hold with your hip when using the roller while rolling out the dough, so that it does not slide when you push on the dough.
- Don’t forget to add dry flour before placing the dough on the parchment paper. It will avoid stickiness. Sprinkle dry flour on the roller as well. Then work slowly. Turn the dough, then roll again, until you get the size you want. Then place in a pie dish.
- Once rolled out, you can freeze the dough. Here is how I do it: fold the parchment paper on which the dough is by rolling it. Then storage in a bag, in the freezer.
- Or garnish your pie right away with your favorite toppings. These ones are organic carrots, sheep feta cheese, onions, poppy seeds, eggs and soy milk.
Une réflexion sur “Pâte à tarte sans blé – Wheat Free Crust”
Cool! I was looking for something like this for so long!
sans blague bravo biz